Theme: Onward to Recovery through Operations Research
Date: November 9-13, 2022
Venue: Seda Ayala Center Cebu
Hosted by The Operations Research Society of the Philippines (ORSP)
While the massive negative short term impact caused by the pandemic has been widely felt, the long term impact brought about by border restrictions and lockdown measures remains uncertain. This conference will provide a forum to discuss the role that Operations Research (OR) has played or could play on the path to Asia-Pacific regional and world recovery. How has the experience affected organizational decision-making process? Has the adoption of OR techniques impacted operations and business resilience?
With the theme Onward to Recovery through OR, the conference seeks to bring together OR researchers, academicians and practitioners, whose collective work has sustained OR contribution to decision-making and whose current work is expected to play a vital role in? surmounting challenges on the road to recovery from the global pandemic.
The APORS 13th Conference aims to provide a forum where:
- Practitioners will share their experiences on the problems, methodologies and outcomes of applying OR to solve real-world problems in Asia Pacific and beyond;
- Decision-makers will share new applications of OR in non-traditional areas;
- Researchers will present their findings dealing with the theoretical, computational, and application aspects of OR;
- OR workers will discuss pertinent academic-, theoretical- and application- oriented issues;
- Decision-makers could gain insights from experiences of others who have benefited from the use of OR in the public and private sectors in different countries; and
- Participants will be given the opportunity to exchange ideas on how OR and Analytics can help deal with issues that will contribute to economic resurgence in the different regions of Asia Pacific and beyond.
- Everyone can share unique experiences, challenges, and OR-related solutions in surviving and rising from the global pandemic.
ABOUT THE PLACE
The conference will be held in Cebu City, the Philippine “Queen City of the South.” https://guidetothephilippines.ph/articles/what-to-experience/cebu-tourist-spots-1 at the Seda Ayala Center Cebu.
KEYNOTE AND INVITED SPEAKERS
Prominent OR practitioners, academicians, and businessmen have been invited by the organizers to deliver keynote speeches. Speakers and delegates from different parts of the world, specially those from the Asia Pacific region, will share their work in the parallel sessions.
Submissions of papers aligned with the Conference Theme, Onward to Recovery through OR, in the following areas are welcome: Banking and Finance, Complexity and Approximation, Control Theory, Customer Relationship Management, Decision Support Systems, Economic Modeling, Energy Applications, Expert Systems and Neural Networks, Forecasting, Healthcare, Information Systems, Inventory, Knowledge Engineering and Management, Logistics and Distribution Management, Marketing, Mathematical Programming Modeling for Optimization, Modeling Systems and Languages, Production, Project Management and Scheduling, Queuing Systems, Soft OR, Strategic Planning and Management, Supply Chain Management, and Transport. Papers reporting original and unpublished research results and experience are solicited. Guidelines for abstract submission follow.
Abstracts must be written in English. Each attendee is allowed to present ONE paper at the conference.
The abstract should be typed in English, should not include mathematical notations, and must contain the following:
? Paper/proposal title;
? Abstract of not more than 1500 characters (no formulas or mathematical notation allowed);
? Author(s) name(s), organization, full mailing address, email address, with an indication of author(s) presenting the paper; and
? Topic (at most three, chosen from the Conference Topics List) under which paper falls and additional topics if not included in the list.
Email abstracts to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct all other inquiries to email@example.com
Nov 9 : City Tour / Welcome cocktails in the evening
Nov 10 -12 : Conference
Nov 11 evening : Evening Banquet
From Nov 13 : Post conference Optional Island Tours
IMPORTANT DATES in 2022
Submission of abstracts: 1 February to 10 June 2022??
Deadline for receipt of abstracts (500 words): 10 June 2022?
Notification of acceptance: TBC?
Registration Opens: 1 April 2022?
Early bird Registration Deadline: 12 August 2022?
Speaker registration and payment deadline: 20 August 2022